COPD – Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease is an airway disease caused due to obstruction of airways. Symptoms suggestive of COPD are Breathlessness, cough, sputum production, and exacerbations.
- Smoking and exposure to harmful smoke and fumes cause COPD
- Emphysema and Chronic bronchitis are the main components.
- It is usually seen after 50 years of age.
- COPD is 2ndmost common cause of death in India. It kills millions of people every year.
- Treatment with medicines (mainly inhalers) and physiotherapy is very important.
- With good treatment and adequate physiotherapy, the number of exacerbations (acute attacks) can be reduced and the life of the person can be prolonged.
- Oxygen may be required for severe cases with heart involvement.
To know your stage and severity consult our doctor now
SWASA Hospital is specialized in COPD treatment. Personalized treatment for each and every COPD patient